Gauntlet Left Class 1 South Pacific, Medium instructions
How to Measure: If possible, have a friend help you to get the most accurate measurements. Begin by relaxing your arm and resting it on a table, bending it slightly to create a small bend in the elbow. Your arm should not be completely straight, nor fully bent.
A. PALM -Â For the gauntlet, you should let your fingers relax, and bring the measuring tape so itâ€™s just under your knuckles. Pull gently so the tape has no slack. Record the measurement.
B. WRIST - Hold measuring tape around your wrist, going over the little bone on the outside. Pull tape to the point of gentle tension; there should be no slack, but you should not be pulling so hard that the tape creates an indentation. Write down this measurement in inches or centimeters.
C. MID LOWER - Next, move the measuring tape up your arm so that it goes around the thick part of your forearm. Use the same amount of gentle tension and record the measurements.
D. MID UPPER -Â Finally, bring the measuring tape to the upper part of your arm, halfway between your elbow and your armpit. If you have any extra skin here, gather it together as much as possible. You should hold the tape a bit tighter here so that all your skin is encircled evenly.
Sleeves come in short and regular length. Measure your arm length from the top of your arm (axilla) to your wrist to determine your sleeve length. Short sleeves accommodate arms 14.5"-17" (37-44cm) and regular sleeves accommodate arms 16.5"-22" (43-56cm).
If you are in-between sizes, please consult a medical professional, professional fitter or LympheDIVAs to ensure proper fit.
Garment Donning and Doffing:
- Turn down the top of the sleeve so itâ€™s folded over itself.
- Pull the sleeve over your hand until the end of the sleeve is at the pictured position on the wrist.
- Gently pull the rest of the sleeve evenly up over the arm to the armpit. Make sure the sleeve is equally spread over the whole arm and that there are no constrictions or wrinkles.
To remove sleeve, hold the top of the cuff and pull down until it slips off your hand.
The gauntlet (sold separately) should fit comfortably around the palm and thumb. While the gauntlet overlaps the sleeve, it should not add more compression.
Garment Care: Caring for your new garment is as easy as 1-2-3! Wash garments as needed. Frequent washing prolongs the useful life of the garment and maintains the ideal compression characteristics. Following the care instructions properly will ensure that your garment lasts the full four to six months while retaining compression.Â
- Place the garment in a lingerie bag to prevent snagging.
- Machine wash in warm water using a gentle detergent.
- Machine dry at medium heat.
Please do not do any of the following when caring for your garment. Doing any of these things can potentially ruin the garment and/or compromise the compression.
- hand wash
- wring dry
- line dry
- dry clean
- use any chemical solvent or bleach
- use fabric softener
- use any other laundry additive
Using creams, oils and lotions may shorten the life of the garment.
Moisture-Wicking LympheDIVAs products include moisture-wicking technology, which pulls sweat away from the body and is fast drying!
Aloe VeraÂ A fabric finishing process which adds unscented aloe vera moisturizing micro-capsules for added softness and skin protection.
360Âº StretchÂ All LympheDIVAs garments are knit with 360Âº stretch, which allowsÂ them to stretch as your arm bends and flexes. Prevents binding at the elbow.
Fine KnitÂ A fine knit construction producing a smooth surface, lightweight, and replicating a â€˜second skin.â€™
Graduated CompressionÂ All garments are available in compression Class 1 (20-30mmHg) and Class 2 (30-40mmHg).
Diva Diamond BandÂ (optional) A latex-free, silicone-free gripper applied directly to the inside top cuff of the sleeve. The Diva Diamond Band will keep your garment in place and your skin less irritated. The Diva Diamond Band is optional, LympheDIVAs garments are available with or without the Diva Diamond Band.
Made in the USAÂ AllÂ LympheDIVAs garments are knit in North Carolina. The garments are printed, pressed and shipped from Massachusetts.
With proper care, LympheDIVAs garments last four to six months with regular daily wear.
Risk Reduction Guidelines for reducing the risk of Lymphedema for those who have had lymph node removal and/or radiation.
- Do try to avoid infection. Have blood drawn and shots given on the unaffected arm. Keep the skin clean and protect it from cuts and scratches. Always carry band-aids!
- Do try to avoid burns. Protect your arm from sunburn. Use oven mitts when cooking and avoid splash burns from steaming foods. Do not use hot tubs or saunas.
- Do keep skin protected. Use moisturizing lotion and soaps that are pH balanced. Protect hands with gloves when cleaning.
- Do avoid using shoulder straps. Carry briefcases and/or purses on the opposite arm.
- Do avoid restrictive clothing. Wearing tight jewelry on the affected arm or hand will create a tourniquet effect you do not want. Blood pressure should be taken on the unaffected arm or thigh when both arms are effected.
- Do try to avoid muscle strain. It is okay to do normal activities and exercise with the affected arm, but do not overdo it! Everyone should consult with their doctor about the level of activity that is right for them.
- Do keep a healthy diet. Maintaining a healthy weight lowers the risk for developing lymphedema. Lower sodium intake.
Do watch for:
- A full feeling in your arm.
- A difference in size between the affected and non-affected arm.
- Weakness in your arm or not being able to move it as far.
- When pressing on the affected arm for twenty seconds, the impression of the finger remains.
7 North Street, Suite 205
Pittsfield, MA, Phone: 866-411-3482 Fax: 413-418-3454 Email: Click here
LympheDIVAs LLC is dedicated to creating medically correct and fashionable compression apparel for the savvy and stylish breast cancer survivor with lymphedema which will inspire her to feel beautiful, strong, and confident.Refund and Exchange Policy:Products which are returned within 30 days will be accepted for exchange or refund providing the products have not received any wear and can be returned to inventory. Any product which has manufacturing defects will be accepted for exchange within three months of purchase. If you wish to return or exchange a garment please e-mail [emailÂ protected]/*
*The products and the claims made about specific products on or through this site have not been evaluated by LuckyVitamin.com or the United States Food and Drug Administration and are not approved to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. The information provided on this site is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other health care professional or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging. You should not use the information on this site for diagnosis or treatment of any health problem or for prescription of any medication or other treatment. You should consult with a health care professional before starting any diet, exercise or supplementation program, before taking any medication, or if you have or suspect you might have a health problem.